The Green Smoothie Challenge

The Green Smoothie Challenge
Lose Weight and Feel Great!

The Green Smoothie Challenge

Kick start your heatlhy lifestyle with The Green Smoothie Challenge! I have created this cleanse as a way for you to refresh and rejuvenate. Many people find that they lose a lot of weight, increase their energy levels and improve their health. So, come join the fun at my new Web site http://www.thegreensmoothiechallenge.com/
Get your friends to do it with you. This makes it so much easier!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Maria Rippo's Lemon Cream Cookies

This morning we had fun in the kitchen just putting ingredients together and I made some very yummy cookies that taste just like lemon cream pie. I had made some almond milk for the kids and had some leftover pulp. I used to throw the pulp away, but now I just mix it up with other ingredients and make something out of it. The other day I made chocolate chip cookies and today I made lemon cream cookies. Of course, they are raw, I just dehydrate them. They are dairy, gluten, egg and flour free so anyone can really eat them. I always test these recipes on my kids and so far the girls have begged for more of both.

Raw, Lemon Cream Cookies
(All of these ingredients are estimations as I always just throw stuff in and then taste it!!)
1/2 cup almond meal or however much you have left after making almond milk
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
3/4 cup coconut flakes
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup xylitol
1/2 cup coconut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBS hemp seeds
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 cup or more water

Mix all ingredients together and add enough water to make a cookie like dough. Form into cookies and place on dehydrator tray. Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 2 -3 hours and then turn it down to 118 degrees and dehydrate for 8 hours or until done. I store these in the freezer.

For raw chocolate chip cookies just replace the lemon juice and coconut with some chocolate chips. I use the healthy chocolate chips, but they did have a little evaporated cane juice. I figure that is a big step up from the alternative of white flour cookies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment