The Green Smoothie Challenge

The Green Smoothie Challenge
Lose Weight and Feel Great!

The Green Smoothie Challenge

Kick start your heatlhy lifestyle with The Green Smoothie Challenge! I have created this cleanse as a way for you to refresh and rejuvenate. Many people find that they lose a lot of weight, increase their energy levels and improve their health. So, come join the fun at my new Web site http://www.thegreensmoothiechallenge.com/
Get your friends to do it with you. This makes it so much easier!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Never Try to Lose Weight!!!

Have you ever been on a diet? How many have you tried? Have you learned that for the most part, diets for the sole purpose of weight loss don't work? I have never in my life been able to lose weight simply to be more thin. Some people can and it always amazes me because trying to lose weight has usually ended up in gaining weight for me. Does this sound familiar to you? The funniest statement people make to me is, "you are so lucky to be thin." WOW, they think it's luck. No, it's actually hard work and hard work alone, but the hard work is not about being thin. Yes, I want to be thin like anyone else, but not just for thin's sake. It is proven that excess weight causes disease. Excess weight causes frustration, depression, worry, guilt, fatigue, etc... and it's these reasons that motivate me to eat well and the end result is being thin, but it is not the motivation. Having discipline in the area of eating well carries over into every other area of my life. It is that simple, the other areas are motivation enough for me to keep on keeping on. I don't want to be sluggish. I don't want cancer, heart disease, etc... and I will work to do what I can to prevent it based on the knowledge that I have.

How do you stay on a good eating plan?
1. If you fail to plan, then plan to fail. Sit down on Saturday and make your meal plan. Go to the store and buy all that you need for the week. I make it pretty simple. I keep a list of healthy snacks. I keep a couple of treat foods made. I drink my green smoothie, I eat a salad for lunch with dressing that I make once a week. I usually have an avocado and some soaked nuts on my salad and I dress it with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, Himalayan salt and cracked pepper. The only meal I spend much time on is dinner which I plan out so that I am not stuck at the last minute having to order pizza!!

2. Don't fall pray to the temptation of thinking constantly about all the foods you can't eat. Instead, get creative with what you CAN eat. Focus on all the things you CAN choose from and make up your own recipes!! The other day my kids and my husband were eating chips and guacamole. The guacamole had some things in it I couldn't eat and I am not eating corn or cooked foods right now, so I couldn't have any. I wanted it so much so I got to thinking about what flavors were there that I COULD eat. I made the yummiest salad with romaine lettuce, avocado, yellow pepper, tomato, celery, cucumber, parsley, basil, and I dressed it liberally with fresh lemon juice, lots of Himalayan salt, fresh ground pepper, and olive oil. It completely hit the spot. I made it again the next night and my whole family loved it.

3. Make a list of all the ailments you might like to get rid of and how you would feel if you could feel any way you'd like to get the most out of life and be able to serve your family, neighbors, community and all those around you. I want energy and vitality so much that it is not worth it for me to sacrifice those things by eating something that will give me a few moments of gratification and maybe days of feeling bad. It's simply not worth it. It is truly amazing to me what happens when I am true to myself with my eating. I get organized. I am a better mom and wife. I am a better friend. I think less about me and more about others. I prioritize. I can think clearly. I set goals. I pray and read my Bible more often. In fact, I can't think of one negative thing that happens when I am disciplined in this area. TRY IT!!!

4. Get some good books on health and read a little often. Whenever I feel unmotivated, I start reading about how food affects my health. A couple of books I really enjoy are "The Fast Track Detox Diet", "The Raw Food Detox Diet", "Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine" and "How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy". Find the type of eating that works best for you and read a lot about it. Let your health be your motivation and the weight will fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment