The Green Smoothie Challenge

The Green Smoothie Challenge
Lose Weight and Feel Great!

The Green Smoothie Challenge

Kick start your heatlhy lifestyle with The Green Smoothie Challenge! I have created this cleanse as a way for you to refresh and rejuvenate. Many people find that they lose a lot of weight, increase their energy levels and improve their health. So, come join the fun at my new Web site http://www.thegreensmoothiechallenge.com/
Get your friends to do it with you. This makes it so much easier!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Changes

In the last few months I developed some sort of eczema or psoriasis on my eyelids of all places! I am trying to see this as a blessing because because maybe I would not take such serious steps to cure it if it were in a less obvious place. I believe that all disease is the same. In short disease = dis ease within the body or imbalance. I have always struggled with things like my energy level and moods but I have never really experienced a visible symptom of dis ease. It has been humbling for me much like the entire last three years of my life. I believe stress has a LOT to do with this. It has forced me to take my stress level very seriously. I am the type that can tend to take on way too much and then not have time to nourish my spirit. In the last few months I have experienced very shallow breathing which is a huge sign to me of uneasiness. I realized that I have been using food to comfort myself. At the same time I have not been good about reading my Bible and praying and meditating. I am going to make these, as well as deep breathing a big priority. I also plan to tackle the things that are causing me stress.

We need to listen to our bodies before big problems arise. I could do all sorts of things to take away the symptoms of this problem, but if I do not take it out by it's roots, like anything, it will get worse. So, I have gone on a very extreme diet and am taking a product called Zeolite. I am following Gabriel Cousens, MD Phase 1 diet which is basically comprised of no sugar, even fruit sugar, no grains, no dairy, no meat. What is left you ask? I am eating fish, but mainly I am eating green smoothies, salad, sprouted buckwheat and nuts and seeds. He gives many recipes so I do not get sick of eating this way. It does take a lot of focus to do this but now that I am two weeks into it I am a different person. It absolutely amazes me and my husband and those who are very close to me to see the difference. I am taking in a LOT of greens and chlorella, spirulina and blue-green algae. My mood is amazing. My energy is great. My eyes are bigger. My skin is clear. I am thriving. In order to stay on the diet, I wrote myself a note about my motivations for doing it. I really had not been feeling well. My moods swings were really bad. My feet were killing me which is changing so much. My feet are feeling better. I am hydrated, which is very amazing to me. I am usually dehydrated. I feel warmer. I just stand amazed at the affect food can have on a person!!

The most amazing thing that happened at the beginning is that the minute I quit eating grains and sugar, I dropped 5 pounds. Then I went to a health seminar and they said that the two most damaging foods are processed carbohydrates and refined sugar. Those things were making me retain water and it just went out of me the minute I stopped eating them. My skin cleared up in those three days too. My eyes don't feel heavy either. I am still amazed at what it does to take just those two food groups out of my life.

I will continue to give updates on this process. I am planning to be on Phase I for three months. I will do a green juice fast in there too. I am also planning to do at least one colonic as I have heard that this is the first step one should take when trying to rid oneself of dis ease. Colon cleansing is the first step to good health. I hear that the gravity method is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment