The Green Smoothie Challenge

The Green Smoothie Challenge
Lose Weight and Feel Great!

The Green Smoothie Challenge

Kick start your heatlhy lifestyle with The Green Smoothie Challenge! I have created this cleanse as a way for you to refresh and rejuvenate. Many people find that they lose a lot of weight, increase their energy levels and improve their health. So, come join the fun at my new Web site http://www.thegreensmoothiechallenge.com/
Get your friends to do it with you. This makes it so much easier!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Raw, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Recipe

I have learned how to make a super healthy treat called "raw" ice cream. The "raw" way of eating is becoming more and more popular though many people have not heard of it. I do not eat a 100% raw diet, but I do recommend adding lots of raw foods into your diet. Raw foods are foods that basically have not been heated above 118 degrees and have not been processed. This does not include meat. Raw foodists have diets made up mostly of fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds, and sprouted grains. There is a myriad of possibilities when you combine all of these to make deliciously nutritious foods. When you heat food above 118 degrees, the enzymes and many nutrients are destroyed. The idea is to eat food in it's natural form.

I have been experimenting with many yummy raw treats for my family and I have learned to make ice cream with no dairy or sugar, all raw and very outstanding. Check out this video to see how it's done!

Raw Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Part 1
Raw Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Part 2

This video is a little longer than some of my others b/c I have included a lot of simple health advice along with the recipe. Enjoy!

This ice cream has raw chocolate brownie chunks in it... recipe to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment