The Green Smoothie Challenge

The Green Smoothie Challenge
Lose Weight and Feel Great!

The Green Smoothie Challenge

Kick start your heatlhy lifestyle with The Green Smoothie Challenge! I have created this cleanse as a way for you to refresh and rejuvenate. Many people find that they lose a lot of weight, increase their energy levels and improve their health. So, come join the fun at my new Web site http://www.thegreensmoothiechallenge.com/
Get your friends to do it with you. This makes it so much easier!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Update on Maria Rippo's Candida/Eczema

As of today, August 5, 2009, my life on a 98% raw, sprouted diet has literally transformed every aspect of me in just 4 short months. I can't believe the impact this new way of eating has had on me. Just the other day as I was commenting on my new skin that is so hydrated, soft and beautiful, I said to my hubby that I just am so happy about the impact this lifestyle change has had on me. His comment back to me was that he's amazed that it is transforming not only my physical health, but my mental health as well. It's amazing what happens when you get some energy and vitality back and you can actually think clearly. I am a much more calm and nice person right now than I was 4 months ago. I have worked hard in this area for sure. I have really been focusing on my thought life and self talk. I have been practicing gratitude and thinking in positive terms about my circumstances instead of the constant negative/complaining ones I was practicing. I have truly come to realize that God has me right where He wants me right now and I am content to know that. I wake up and think about the things I am grateful for. I have helped my kids do the same and what a difference that makes in a person's perspective!!!

I have had an interesting experience getting to the point of being as raw as I am with my eating. I have been gentle on myself and here and there when I have needed some fish or chicken, I have allowed myself to eat it. I have allowed myself to drink wine here and there and even have dessert on occassion. I do eat fruit from time to time as well and if I totally blow the whole raw thing, I don't worry about it. I just get right back on track and enjoy the process. The amazing thing has been that I get full so incredibly fast on flesh foods and wine makes me very tired quickly. Another interesting experience has been the cravings I have for salad. I try to switch up my eating here and there, but truly, I mostly only want green smoothies and salads right now with some raw nuts(especially walnuts), olives and lemon tahini dressing. I think that because it is summer my body just wants food that has a lot of water in it. Since I am not eating fruit right now, the next best thing is fresh veggies. I eat a very colorful salad full of greens, cabbage, celery, cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower, parsley, basil, jicama, , radishes, etc...

One amazing side affect of eating like this is that I am rarely hungry anymore unless it has been 4 hours or so since I last ate. I get full very quickly too. I believe this is happening because the food I eat is so nutrient dense that my body simply does not need a lot. My weight is very stable even though I eat less, which is good. My body is just where it wants to be!

As far as my Candida goes, I just had a check up and it looks like I am getting to the end of the Candida challenge. My eczema still finds my eyelids to be good company and has chosen to stay with me for now. I am patient with it though and know that it will eventually go away!! My eczema is a blessing in disguise for sure because it is the one thing that made me take a good hard look at my life and the amount of stress I was choosing to allow myself to experience. Granted, our life experiences have been less than dull in the last few years, but I allowed it all to really eat at me and I became bitter and negative through it. Had the eczema not shown up, I am not sure I would have seen how truly devastating my negative attitude was on my health. I can happily report that I really am learning to see things differently and it is changing my life for the good (as well as my family's life!!) And when that anxiety or negativity pops up I forgive myself and ask for forgiveness and move forward.

As far as the differences in my health go, here is a list of all the positive changes I have experienced in the last four months ( it took 6 weeks on this diet along with very strong probiotics and lots of dark greens to begin to see any changes!!):

- My hormonal imbalance is regulated!! Thank God, no more dual personality for two weeks out of the month!!!
- My dry, scaly skin is gone and has been replaced with soft, hydrated, shiny new skin!
- I am no longer constantly hungry which I attribute to the fact that I am now fully nutrified by my diet as well as the fact that I am no longer using food to self medicate, calm and numb my emotions. Instead I am learning to deal with my emotions in a healthy manner... fewwhhhh!!
- The toenail fungus under one of my toes is totally gone, one more to go!!
- My energy level is amazing! I am clear headed and have a happy disposition rather than an exhausted, negative one.
- I don't need as much sleep.
- I am beginning to be able to run again and can take power walks daily!
- My weight is very stable. I no longer have a crazy cycle of gaining and losing and being mad at myself when I really get off track.
- My food cravings are totally gone. I only crave what is good for me! This is a hugely freeing feeling for me b/c I used to obsess about eating things that were less than optimal for my health.
- I am off of caffeine and feel very energetic. This took a good week of napping daily and feeling wiped out. My adrenals finally kicked in:)
- No more puffy eyelids
- No need to constantly use chapstick b/c my lips are no longer dried out
- Icky film on my tongue is gone
- No need for breath mints anymore
- I almost always have plenty of energy to read to my kids and be read to by my kids at bedtime and even fold laundry and work a little or read before going to bed!! This is another hugely satisfying part of eating so well. In the past I was absolutely exhausted by 8 o'clock at night and yelled often at my kids at that time of day.
- I get many more hugs from my children and husband now. I think it's because I am just much more calm and approachable:)
- I can accomplish much more in a day b/c I feel good and I sleep less
- My breathing much deeper now. It used to be very short and quick and uncomfortable because of my anxiety.
- Ok, this one is a little gross to admit but I used to get BO quite easily. I never could wear a shirt twice and now my BO is gone!! I don't use deoderant so this is a very handy detox side effect!!
- My foot cramps have disappeared. This is a really exciting occurence for me b/c my foot cramps were the reason I had to stop triathlon training b/c I could not longer swim without getting major cramps.

As you can see, the more I eat healthy and cleanse my body, the more I want to eat healthy and cleanse my body because it literally makes a difference in the person that I am. I hope my Candida recovery story and journey onto a raw food diet is inspiring to you. Please let me know!! I'd love to hear from you below:)

No comments:

Post a Comment