The Green Smoothie Challenge

The Green Smoothie Challenge
Lose Weight and Feel Great!

The Green Smoothie Challenge

Kick start your heatlhy lifestyle with The Green Smoothie Challenge! I have created this cleanse as a way for you to refresh and rejuvenate. Many people find that they lose a lot of weight, increase their energy levels and improve their health. So, come join the fun at my new Web site http://www.thegreensmoothiechallenge.com/
Get your friends to do it with you. This makes it so much easier!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Maria Rippo's Sprouted Buckwheat Brownies!!

If you know me, you probably know that I love to play in the kitchen making up recipes. In fact, actually following a recipe to a t is almost impossible for me:) I always change something. My kitchen is like a laboratory. This is one reason that I really enjoy making raw food recipes. You can't really mess them up and nothing has to be perfect. Things don't rise (or fall) and you just get a sense for what goes well together and what does not. So, today, I had a bunch of sprouted buckwheat that I had been sprouting for a few days. I knew I wanted to make some yummy cracker bread and boy did I get it right this time! I even wrote it down as I went, which I am becoming better at so that I can recreate my creations and share them. Well, THEN, I had a chocolate craving and was out of all of my raw sweets. So, I decided to try something a little new and use my buckwheat sprouts to make raw brownies. OK, let me just say, "to die for"!! Even my girls licked the spatula, the bowl, and begged for more brownies. They are a hit!! Here is the recipe. It's so easy. I know sprouting seems like a big pain, but once you get into the groove of it, you just get used to rinsing sprouts every time you do the dishes. For more info. on sprouting grains, seeds, etc.. visit www.sproutpeople.com or check out my article on Brighthub.

Sprouted Buckwheat Brownie Recipe

3 – 4 cups sprouted buckwheat (sprouted for about 3 days after soaking)
1 cup raw almond butter
1 cup flax seed meal
1 ½ cups raw cocao powder
½ cup coconut butter, melted over low heat
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
(1 cup agave nectar, or ½ cup agave, ½ cup pure maple syrup)
OR
1 cup pure birch xylitol if diabetic or on Candida cleanse
1 cup water if you used xylitol, only add as much water as needed if using agave nectar. The batter should be nice and thick, just enough liquid for the food processor to mix it up.

Place sprouts, almond butter and melted coconut butter into food processor and mix. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Coat a 9 x 13 pan with coconut butter or olive oil and pour batter into dish. Place in freezer. Once fully frozen, remove brownie from pan and cut into small, bite sized pieces. Store in ziplock bag in freezer and eat whenever you need a chocolate fix!! Freezing will not destroy the live enzymes and nutrients in the sprouts! You may also wish to dehydrate the brownies which is fine too! You can dehydrate them at 118 degrees overnight. This is great to do if you want to serve the brownies warm with some raw ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment