The Green Smoothie Challenge

The Green Smoothie Challenge
Lose Weight and Feel Great!

The Green Smoothie Challenge

Kick start your heatlhy lifestyle with The Green Smoothie Challenge! I have created this cleanse as a way for you to refresh and rejuvenate. Many people find that they lose a lot of weight, increase their energy levels and improve their health. So, come join the fun at my new Web site http://www.thegreensmoothiechallenge.com/
Get your friends to do it with you. This makes it so much easier!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Emotional Eating

Is it really dieting that is difficult or is it maybe that you are eating out of emotional needs that are not being addressed? I used to think I ate out of boredom and I do think I did sometimes. But then, my pastor started working on helping me to overcome bitterness and lack of forgiveness. This has been hard work. It is difficult to come to the realization that I really do hold onto bitterness and I really do have a hard time forgiving people. We can be bitter with our spouses, our parents, with life itself, with God. Life is not easy. We have so many things to work through and many times, instead of working through them, we eat or drink or do drugs or whatever we can do to help ourselves avoid dealing with our real issues. Once I realized that I was avoiding the hard work of forgiving and seeking forgiveness and instead holding onto things and acting as an addictive person instead of one who deals with her "things", I had an unexpected side effect. Firts of all, a huge weight has been lifted from me. Second of all, those things that I wish not to eat have ceased calling my name at all hours of the day. I don't have this anxiousness about me that I have carried with me forever, I presume. I am a happier person. I can see that when I give in to the temptation to eat things I know I ought not to eat or to drink more wine than I should instead of dealing with things that need to be dealt with, I become stronger. I do not wish to continue in the viscious cycle of having those things call my name, saying no, then giving in and then being mad at myself. Instead, I sit and think, am I hungry and if so, how can I best nourish myself. If I am not hungry...then why do I want to eat? What do I want to keep hidden down inside of me? Am I mad at myself, am I mad at my husband. Have I been forgiven, have a sought forgiveness, am I bitter? When we give in to the viscuous cycle, we make ourselves weaker and more vulnerable each time. It is just the same as letting in a little sin. Then we become desensitized to the little sin and we let a little more in until it is full blown, out of control sin. Little by little it takes a big toll on ourselves and those around us. I have been working really hard in this area of having an addictive personality. I have realized that when I am giving in to the temptations that damage me, I have nothing to give to anyone else. Now that I am dealing with my issues when they arise, my focus goes from being inward to being outward. I have much more concern for the needs of those around me instead of having a preocupation with how I am going to fullfill my immedeate needs of covering up those emotional hurts. I have so much more energy. Maybe before I was afraid to feel good. There are many reasons a person may be afraid to feel well. A good question to ask yourself is, "What you are gaining from your constant ailments and "inability" to lose weight." Start thinking about what you CAN eat to be healthy and not so much what you can't eat. Eating healthy gives you youthfulness, vitality, energy, inner strength, happiness, etc... It is amazing what self control can do for a person. It is also amazing what can happen to you if you begin to deal with your emotions that you have been stuffing for years. We all have them. Stop trying to lose weight and start trying to be a healthy person. The weight will fall off. I have never been able to stick to a diet to save my life, but when I focus on being a healthy person in all areas... physically, emotionally, and spiritually, weight is a non issue. I am not at all saying that all non skinny people are emotional eaters, but if you have the viscious cycle thing going on, you may want to look at why you eat more than you want to be eating. If you are always on a diet, that is a good sign that there are some deeper things you may want to look at. Sometimes it is necessary to get help in this area. Our pastor has been an amazing help to my husband and me. A good friend may be able to help or even a counselor. It's amazing what can happen when you become honest with others and yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog while I was googling "foods daily cleanse." I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. I have a lot of healthy habits, although I'm not where I want to be. I liked seeing what you eat in a typical day. My problem is what I do between the healthy meals(a fresh baked Christmas cookie, then another one). I'm not sure why I need to feel so full. I'd like to get 10 pounds off because I would feel lighter and healthier. I'm going to follow your blog for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin-
    How nice of you say such kind things! I'm glad it's helpful and if I can be of more help to you, please let me know. One thing I find that helps is to not make a bunch of rules about what I can't eat, but instead, eat all the healthy stuff so I am not hungry and then concentrate on being a healthy person, not on being skinny. I can never eat well just to be skinny. The more healthy food I eat, the less bad food my body wants. I am going to some blog entries on ways to eliminate food cravings! So, stay tuned:) If you would like to e-mail me, you can do so at ilucia@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete